Maistra – operating income increased by seven percent

first_imgSource / photo: Adris group, Maistra Maistra as part of the Adris Group, including the Dubrovnik Hilton Hotel, in the first nine months of this year compared to the same period last year, achieved one percent higher sales of accommodation units, with an increase in the average unit price of six percent, which led to higher operating revenues of seven per cent. EBITDA (profit before depreciation, interest and taxes) amounts to HRK 552 million and is two percent higher than last year. The realized net profit in the amount of HRK 373 million is four percent higher. Current booking confirms the current positive revenue growth trends.  HUP-Zagreb dd, on a consolidated level, generated one percent higher operating revenues. The number of units sold is down four percent, with prices rising seven percent. EBITDA amounts to HRK 153 million and is seven percent higher than last year. EBIT (profit before interest and taxes) recorded an increase of eight percent and amounted to HRK 119 million.  In the first nine months of this year, the total revenues of the Adris Group were four percent higher than the revenues generated in the same period last year. Consolidated net profit, on the other hand, is 12 percent lower than last year. This is a consequence, among other things, of the introduction of new tourism products and the completion of the restructuring process at the Group level.  The strategic plan of the tourism part of the Group, for the period until 2024, worth almost four billion kuna, is currently being prepared. The plan includes building new and repositioning existing products in Rovinj, Vrsar, Dubrovnik and Zagreb. The formal completion of the procedure related to the Marjan Hotel in Split is expected soon, which will enable Adris to enter this growing tourist destination. last_img read more

‘BAD OMEN FOR BONG’: 73 New Ebola Cases Reported in One Week

first_imgThe Bong County Health Team on the county Taskforce has released an update of Ebola cases in the county, recording a total of 73 new cases for the period of one week.Briefing Journalists at the office of the Bong County Health Team at the Phebe Hospital Compound on Monday, the Administrator at the County Health Team, Fartormah Jusu, said of the 73 new cases, there were nine  confirmed, 49 suspected and 15 probable.Mr. Jusu also announced to the meeting that the Bong County Ebola Taskforce received seventy specimen results of last week, of which 32 were positive and 36 were negative, while two were in- determinant, meaning the two are required to redo their EVD test.The County Health Administrator was swift to notify the County Taskforce that a cumulative number of 972 contacts listed were recorded from July to September, among which 155 persons completed the 21 days of quarantine as instituted by the County Health Team.He disclosed that the county recorded 27 cumulative deaths from the Ebola Treatment Unit in Suakoko District, with 83 admissions currently at the ETU.Mr. Jusu indicated that the County Health Team has documented 44 discharged patients from the ETU, with 34 tested negative. He said three children from the ETU in Bong County have been reintegrated with their parents in the county after surviving the human killer disease.He named Gbarpolu County as the latest epi center, with seven cases being reported from the county with one positive and six suspected.The County Health Team Administrator informed the gathering that the Ebola cases began to increase from mid August to October 13, 2014,  something he described as a bad omen for the people of Bong County. Mr. Jusu told the Taskforce that he believes the rapid spread of the disease is the direct result of attitudinal problems on the part of local residents, who fail to adhere to measures as announced by Health authorities.“If we do not change our behavior of how to treat this deadly disease, it will surely live with us for a long period of time, despite the international community’s firm commitment to help us fight against the virus” Mr. Jusu declared shaking his head in disappointment. He told this newspaper that one of the underlying reasons for the swell in deaths in recent times is the entrenched culture of silence on the part of Liberians to report for testing in spite of the presence of testing centers in the county.  This, he said, will lead to the breakdown of the fabric of the society.The County Health Official narrated that with the ingrained culture of silence, the County Health Team is finding it tremendously difficult to fight the Ebola virus disease in the county.  At the same time, suspected Ebola virus carriers are not prepared to be quarantined or to report to the health facilities for early check up.Ordinary Bong County residents who spoke with the Daily Observer argued the virus is not being enclosed due to the lackadaisical attitude on the part of the inhabitants to abide by the actions put in place by Health authorities;  while others maintained that the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and the Government of Liberia are not doing enough to encourage  health workers to provide services at the health facilities and ETUs around the country.  Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Around Whittier

first_imgFor more information, call (323) 722-9503. Federal worker group to meet DOWNEY – The national Association of Active & Retired Federal Employees, Southeast Chapter, will meet at noon today at Furman Park, 10419 S. Rives Ave. The meeting will feature a behavioral health specialist discussing how to avoid accidents in the home, from 1 to 2 p.m. Refreshments will be served; the public is invited. For more information, call Bob Knerr, (562) 943-5513. Local student wins architecture prize WHITTIER – La Serna High School graduate Erin Ferry, now a senior at Cal State Long Beach, has won first place and $10,000 in the American Institute of Architects Los Angeles Interior Architecture Committee’s annual student competition. Ferry graduated from La Serna in 2001 and is the daughter of Don and Diane Molter of Whittier. Teacher award accepting nominees WHITTIER – Local outstanding kindergarten through sixth-grade teachers can be nominated for the California History Teacher of the Year Award, sponsored by the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History in New York. Nominees should have experience in teaching American history for at least three years; a deep career commitment to teaching American history; evidence of creativity and imagination in the classroom; and close attention to documents, artifacts, historic sites, and the other primary materials of history. The state winner will receive a $1,000 honorarium and will qualify for the National History Teacher of the Year award to be selected this fall. The winner’s school library will also receive history books and materials. The nominating deadline is May 9. For more information, call (707) 839-6492, or e-mail [email protected] Hawaiian music, dance scheduled MONTEBELLO – The Asian Pacific Resource Center in the Montebello Library, 1550 W. Beverly Blvd., will host a Hawaiian slack key guitar performance by Dennis Ladd and hula, Maori, and Tahitian dances by Ku’uipo `O Hula Halau from 1:30 to 3 p.m. May 12. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (323) 722-6551. – From staff reports 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! PICO RIVERA – Get on the bus with the Pico Rivera Arts and Culture Committee as it visits newly remodeled Griffith Observatory at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, departing from the Pico Rivera Senior Center, 9200 Mines Ave. The bus returns at 7 p.m. Admission is $14 per person. Visitors must be 18 and older. For more information, call (562) 801-4300. Recycling event to accept e-waste MONTEBELLO – The Montebello Town Center’s belated Earth Day recycling event will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at 2134 Montebello Town Center Drive. Electronic waste, including old TVs, plasma screens, computer monitors and laptops, can be discarded free of charge. There is no limit on the number of items discarded. last_img
Close