Drugs probe: Fury paid me to lie, but never fulfilled £25,000 promise — Farmer

first_imgRelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua wants Tyson Fury, Wilder fight Joshua: Tyson Fury won’t distract me Tyson Fury is facing a fresh investigation into his failed drugs test in 2015 after a farmer alleged he was offered £25,000 to lie and cover for the heavyweight champion. Fury and cousin Hughie were given backdated two-year drugs bans after testing positive for elevated levels of banned steroid nandrolone in February 2015. The pair blamed the elevated levels of the substance on eating uncastrated wild boar or contaminated supplements and insisted they never intentionally cheated. But Lancashire farmer Martin Carefoot has now alleged to the Mail on Sunday that he was asked to lie about supplying wild boar to the Furys having never done so and offered £25,000 for his services, which he was never paid. Carefoot claimed he signed two witness statements confirming he had been the supplier to the pair, which were both forwarded to UKAD via lawyers. UKAD have now promised to review any potential evidence and launch a fresh investigation if necessary as they urged anyone with further information on the claims to contact them. A statement from UKAD to The Mail on Sunday read: “We will always review any potential evidence in relation to any anti-doping offence, and take investigatory action where necessary. “If anyone has information that could be of interest to UKAD and its investigations on any matter, we urge them to contact us.” Fury tested positive in February 2015 but had beaten Wladimir Klitschko to become world heavyweight champion by the time he was charged by UKAD 16 months later. Carefoot alleges he was visited by a member of Fury’s team in November 2016 and asked to lie about supplying the meat products, signing two witness statements, including one with a line which read: “I supplied a range of animal meats and offal to Team Fury, including wild boar and pigs.” Carefoot told the Mail on Sunday: “I have never kept wild boar. I have never killed a wild boar. “I just went along with it, and they always dangled this carrot that I was going to get paid. When things got quite serious, they offered me a sum of money before it went to court in London, and a sum of money after. I went along with them because, I suppose, in my own way I was just helping them out. “I feel sick of the lies and deceit and the public need to know the truth.” UKAD spent close to £600,000 on the investigation into Fury, which was settled by a compromise before being heard by a National Anti-Doping Panel in December 2017. Fury’s management team, MTK Global, declined to comment on the allegations but promoter Frank Warren told the Mail on Sunday: “Back then, I was not promoting Tyson. “These allegations are totally unfounded and libellous.”Tags: DrugsHughieMartin CarefootNandroloneTyson Furylast_img read more

Rank smooths verification with SafeCharge’s ‘ID Manager’

first_img StumbleUpon Related Articles John O’Reilly – Erratic orders have placed UK casinos on life support August 4, 2020 Share Share Rank Group extends support for Carers Trust July 28, 2020 Submit Government denies casinos a July reopening July 10, 2020 London-listed Rank Group Plc has deepened its ongoing agreement with payment systems provider SafeCharge to incorporate its ‘Identity Manager’ solution, enabling a smooth and secure verification process for consumers.Using the Nuvei company’s payment solutions to improve conversions and secure customer data since 2014, the heightened link-up includes identity verification to enable a seamless, automated and compliant method of on-boarding customers quickly and securely.The global solution streamlines background checks, simplifies back-office procedures and eliminates potential errors from manual data entry.Allowing a frictionless user experience aimed at maximising conversions, Rank stresses that the enhanced agreement allows the firm to verify a customer’s age and identity quickly.“It is incredibly important for us to stay innovative in the payments space, especially in a highly competitive market, and we needed a partner that would match our level of innovation and optimise the payments experience to make it as seamless as possible,” said Rory Howard, director of payments and customer diligence at The Rank Group.“The automation that SafeCharge brought to the verification and payments process was critical to the success of our business. Our unique collaboration has enabled us to further innovate in our market and we look forward to extending our relationship as the payments industry continues to grow.”Identify Manager connects to a wide range of identity validation providers worldwide, including eKYC, document verification as well as age verification, PEP and sanction checks. The solution also allows multiple verification providers to be used simultaneously to maximise reliability.“We are thrilled to be building on our already strong relationship with The Rank Group,” noted Yuval Ziv, MD of SafeCharge and head of global acquiring. “Having recognised the potential of the market and witnessed sharp growth on a global scale, we knew that we wanted to partner with The Rank Group to help create a painless verification and payments process.“Together, we can provide customers with an innovative and enjoyable solution, while maintaining customer loyalty and regulatory compliance.”last_img read more

NBA free agency: Willie Cauley-Stein ready to ‘move on’ from Kings, his agent says

first_imgAfter four seasons with the Kings, center Willie Cauley-Stein is ready to move on. His agent told the Sacramento Bee that he has asked the Kings to allow his client to become an unrestricted free agent.  Raptors’ Danny Green on potential White House visit: ‘Hard no’ The Kings released a brief statement in response to Montgomery’s comments.“Willie is a great player who has shown he can fit our style of play,” the team said. “Beyond that, we can’t comment further.”Cauley-Stein, 25, was selected by Sacramento with the sixth overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. Montgomery added: “I’m hopeful they will not even give Willie his qualifying offer.”Cauley-Stein led the Kings to a 39-43 record last season while averaging 11.9 points on 55.6 percent shooting, but his agent feels that the center won’t reach his full potential with Sacramento.”We haven’t felt that he’s been able to get what has been necessary for him to be able to lead the franchise the way he wants to,” Montgomery said. “We are very, very thankful for the opportunity that was presented to him, but we just think it’s not working. It’s not going to work. It’s just time for a fresh start. We need a fresh start and maybe the Kings do, too.” “I really think Willie needs a fresh start,” said Roger Montgomery, a representative of Roc Nation Sports. “Based on how things have gone for him there in Sacramento, I just think it’s time for Willie to move on and we’d really like him to move on.”Cauley-Stein finished the final year of his four-year contract and the Kings have until June 30 to extend a qualifying offer to make the center a restricted free agent. That would allow the Kings to match any offer Cauley-Stein receives from another team.  Related Newslast_img read more

Close