We will follow how the whole campaign will develop further, because with the publication of one video, we certainly cannot talk about a complete campaign. But now, at a time of crisis caused by the coronavirus, they have used (recycled) the same content, but added a narrative according to the current situation. In an attempt to attract foreign tourists and present the Bahamas as an attractive tourist destination, the Bahamas hired popular musician Lenny Kravitz for their campaign. So last year a new, multi-channel creative campaign was launched with Bahamian-American rock legend Lenny Kravitz and the lyrics of his hit song Fly Away. “What matters the most is that we come together as one. You were there for us and when the storm passes we’ll be here for you. “ “From The Bahamas with Love” is the name of a new campaign that was announced through a short and effective video, with an even better narrative. The campaign is, of course, thematically related to the current crisis situation caused by the coronavirus. PS We are also waiting for the CNTB’s move to address a video or similar campaign, as well as other national tourist boards, in accordance with the time of the coronavirus. Short and effective.
– parents concerned, officials seek assistanceBy Utamu BelleRegion 10 (Upper Demerara/Berbice) officials are concerned over the reported overcrowding on a school bus, which was provided by the Russian Aluminium company (RUSAL), to transport students from the Lattersville and Hururu areas in the Upper Berbice.Regional Vice Chairman Elroy Adolph said he was recently summoned to an urgent meeting with concerned parents of students of Lattersville, concerning the issue, where it was reported that the 60-seater bus, which was initially intended for children of the company’s employees, is severely overcrowded, with well over a hundred now being accommodated.“The parents are very concerned because what was told to me at that meeting is that a lot of sexual activities take place in the bus…It’s very serious… I remember bringing it up and the REDO (Regional Education Officer) saying it’s not the Education (Department) responsibility to bring them to and fro, but I think as parents it’s concerning for us. It’s over a hundred and something children going to school from Lattersville, Hururu to Kwakwani,” Adolph stated.He said he has written to RUSAL seeking an audience and is hoping to get a response soon as it relates to including another school bus for the students. Adolph said the parents complained that they cannot afford a bus since the community is not doing well economically, as was the case in times past, since the lumber and farming industries have been on the decline.Meanwhile, Regional Councillor Charles Sampson has called on the Regional Democratic Council (RDC) to look into the situation as speedily as possible.“We need to have these situations corrected…We cannot tolerate that kind of behaviour that involves school children…We need to do something immediately to solve this situation,” he stated.Regional Chairman Renis Morian has however assured that he will write RUSAL concerning conduct on the school bus and also seek Government’s assistance in providing a bus for the students in addition to writing the Hururu Village Council. He also called for more support from the Ministry of Indigenous Peoples’ Affairs, which he noted is least involved in the affairs of the Region.“I have written letters to this Ministry about three times about this, hence, collaboratively from the Office of the President, the RDC and Ministry of Indigenous Peoples’ Affairs, we should be able to deal with this matter expeditiously,” Morian said.Additionally, councillor Sandra Adams said she is aware that RUSAL gives a monthly donation to Hururu for students travelling from Lattersville.
A father of three, was on Friday jailed for two years by Magistrate Dylon Bess after he was found guilty for possession of an illegal assault rifle.When the matter was called at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts on Friday, Magistrate Bess said that sufficient evidence was led by the prosecution for a conviction. The man, who was found with the gun some two years ago, was also fined $15,000.David Nelson, of Lot 190 Church Street, South Cummingsburg, Georgetown, had initially pleaded not guilty to the charge.The charge stated that on November 9, 2017, at Quamina Street, Georgetown, he had in his possession a .223 AR rifle when he was not a licensed holder to carry the weapon.The prosecution had contended that Police ranks acting on information received proceeded to Quamina Street, where they conducted a search on Nelson’s vehicle.During the search, the rifle was found under a seat in the vehicle. According to the prosecution’s case, Nelson had admitted ownership of the weapon.The written caution statement the defendant gave to the ranks indicated that he had bought the weapon from a Brazilian man and he was going to sell it for $6 million.
WINNIPEG — Dry weather and a slow melt so far have somewhat eased the flood potential in Manitoba, although it will be a few more weeks until the threat passes.The provincial government says with average to unfavourable weather, the Red River should peak roughly at the same level as in 2009.Several communities in the Red River Valley had to close off some road access that year, and sections of roads, including the main highway between Winnipeg and the United States, were flooded for weeks.Infrastructure Minister Ron Schuler says water is expected to stay well below the top of ring dikes that protect towns and properties.He does warn that ice jams could develop and make for sudden flooding, but ice thickness has reduced in recent weeks due to warm weather.The Red is expected to crest at Emerson on the United States border some time between April 12 and April 23.Schuler said a combination of above-zero daytime highs and below-freezing overnight lows has helped reduce the snow pack slowly.“This kind of weather is perfect for us,” the minister said Wednesday.“We’ve said what we really needed to do was to pray for warm days and freezing at night and — ta-dah — we got it. And so far so good.“It doesn’t mean that things might not change in a week, and we do have some time before we see the peak coming.”The government has issued tenders for contractors to be on standby in case ring dikes need to be closed.One obstacle the Progressive Conservative government has faced has been in the legislature.Independent member Steven Fletcher blocked the government last week from passing an interim supply bill — legislation that lets the government start spending in the fiscal year that starts April 1 before its annual budget is formally adopted.The legislature is now on a break until Monday. Schuler said he hopes the bill can be passed that day so that the government can continue to operate. Even if the bill is somehow delayed further, flood work and any other needed spending will occur, he said.“We will use whatever measures necessary to protect Manitobans.”Steve Lambert, The Canadian Press