Carlo Ancelotti Ancelotti unlikely to take Leicester job, says Clement Harry West Last updated 2 years ago 23:24 10/19/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Carlo Ancelotti Leicester City Swansea City v Leicester City Premier League The Swansea coach expects his former mentor to stick to his plan and take time off instead of returning to the Premier League with the Foxes Speculation surrounding Carlo Ancelotti and the Leicester City vacancy is unlikely to come to fruition, according to Swansea City head coach Paul Clement.The Foxes, struggling in the Premier League relegation zone with one win from eight matches, sacked Craig Shakespeare on Tuesday and have placed Michael Appleton in caretaker charge for Saturday’s trip to face the Swans.Leicester 12/1 to be relegated Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Rumours have emerged suggesting Ancelotti – who departed Bayern Munich last month after a 3-0 Champions League defeat to Paris Saint-Germain – could be in line to take over at the King Power Stadium.But Clement, who worked under Ancelotti with Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern, believes the Italian will continue to enjoy his break from football until 2018-19.”The last time I spoke to him he said he’s taking time off and wants to go into club football again next summer. I don’t see why that would have changed,” Clement told a media conference.”He’s going to have the rest of the year off. Good for him as well.”Clement has sympathy for Shakespeare, but feels Crystal Palace’s sacking of Frank de Boer came as a greater surprise.PC: “It’s a shame when a fellow manager loses his job. Craig did extremely well at @LCFC, helping the team become champions.” pic.twitter.com/hwKMVvPhkO— Swansea City AFC (@SwansOfficial) October 19, 2017″It’s a shame when a fellow manager loses his job. We all know the pressures we face,” Clement said.”He did well not only as manager at end of last season but also in his role as assistant and behind the scenes to help that team become champions.”He earned it, steadied the ship and won his first five games last season, had a good run in the Champions League.”It’s sad because eight games in he’s been judged on results and they’ve decided to remove him. I wish him the best and hope he gets another position soon.”It was more shocking the change of Frank De Boer after four games. That’s double but still a short time to make a decision that someone isn’t good enough to take the team forward.”
Text of a statement issued by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on the Humboldt Broncos bus crash:An entire country is in shock and mourning today as we learn more about the tragic bus crash involving the Humboldt Broncos that claimed the lives of 14 people, and injured many more.We are heartbroken knowing many of those we lost had their entire lives in front of them. We grieve with those facing news no parent or family should ever have to face. And our hearts go out to the community that has lost teammates, coaches, friends, and mentors.This is every parent’s worst nightmare. No one should ever have to see their child leave to play the sport they love and never come back.Our national hockey family is a close one, with roots in almost every town – small and big – across Canada. Humboldt is no exception, and today the country and the entire hockey community stands with you.I thank the first responders – the RCMP, the Provincial Response Team, and medical personnel – who worked tirelessly through the night, and continue to respond to this incredibly difficult situation with courage and professionalism.To the entire Humboldt community: We are here for you. As neighbours, as friends, and as Canadians, we grieve alongside you.